ISTQB Foundation Question and Answer No.11
ISTQB Foundation Question and Answer No.11
1. Given the following specification, which of the following values for age are in the SAME equivalence partition?
If you are less than 18, you are too young to be insured.
Between 18 and 30 inclusive, you will receive a 20% discount. Anyone over 30 is not eligible for a discount.
A 17, 18, 19.
B 29, 30, 31.
C 18, 29, 30.
D 17, 29, 31.
2. Considering the following pseudo-code, calculate the MINIMUM number of test cases for statement coverage, and the MINIMUM number of test cases for decision coverage respectively.
IF C>A THEN
IF C>B THEN
PRINT "C must be smaller than at least one number"
PRINT "Proceed to next stage"
PRINT "B can be smaller than C"
A 3, 3.
B 2, 3.
C 2, 4.
D 3, 2.
3. Which of the following is a benefit of independent testing?
A Code cannot be released into production until independent testing is complete.
B Testing is isolated from development.
C Developers do not have to take as much responsibility for quality.
D Independent testers see other and different defects, and are unbiased.
4. Which of the following tools is most likely to contain a comparator?
A Dynamic Analysis tool.
B Test Execution tool.
C Static Analysis tool.
D Security tool.
5. Given the following State Table:
A B C D E F
S2 S3 S1
S3 ES S3
Which of the following represents an INVALID state transition?
A E from State S2.
B E from State S3.
C B from State S1.
D F from State S3.
6. Which of the following is a characteristic of good testing in any life cycle model?
A All document reviews involve the development team.
B Some, but not all, development activities have corresponding test activities.
C Each test level has test objectives specific to that level.
D Analysis and design of tests begins as soon as development is complete.
7. Which activity in the fundamental test process includes evaluation of the testability of the requirements and system?
A Test analysis and design.
B Test planning and control.
C Test closure.
D Test implementation and execution.
8. The following statements are used to describe the basis for creating test cases using either black or white box techniques:
i information about how the software is constructed.
ii models of the system, software or components.
iii analysis of the test basis documentation.
iv analysis of the internal structure of the components.
Which combination of the statements describes the basis for black box techniques?
A ii and iii.
B ii and iv.
C i and iv.
D i and iii.
9. What is typically the MOST important reason to use risk to drive testing efforts?
A Because testing everything is not feasible.
B Because risk-based testing is the most efficient approach to finding bugs.
C Because risk-based testing is the most effective way to show value.
D Because software is inherently risky.
10. Which of the following defines the scope of maintenance testing?
A The coverage of the current regression pack.
B The size and risk of any change(s) to the system.
C The time since the last change was made to the system.
D Defects found at the last regression test run.
11. Which is the MOST important advantage of independence in testing?
A An independent tester may find defects more quickly than the person who wrote the software.
B An independent tester may be more focused on showing how the software works than the person who wrote the software.
C An independent tester may be more effective and efficient because they are less familiar with the software than the person who wrote it.
D An independent tester may be more effective at finding defects missed by the person who wrote the software.
12. For testing, which of the options below best represents the main concerns of Configuration Management?
i. All items of testware are identified and version controlled;
ii. All items of testware are used in the final acceptance test;
iii. All items of testware are stored in a common repository;
iv. All items of testware are tracked for change;
v. All items of testware are assigned to a responsible owner;
vi. All items of testware are related to each other and to development items.
A i, iv, vi.
B ii, iii, v.
C i, iii, iv.
D iv, v, vi.
13. Which of the following would be a valid measure of test progress?
A Number of undetected defects.
B Total number of defects in the product.
C Number of test cases not yet executed.
D Effort required to fix all defects.
14. Which of following statements is true? Select ALL correct options Regression testing should be performed:
i once a month
ii when a defect has been fixed
iii when the test environment has changed
iv when the software has changed
A ii and iv.
B ii, iii and iv.
C i, ii and iii.
D i and iii.
15. In which of the following orders would the phases of a formal review usually occur?
A Planning, preparation, kick off, meeting, rework, follow up.
B Kick off, planning, preparation, meeting, rework, follow up.
C Preparation, planning, kick off, meeting, rework, follow up.
D Planning, kick off, preparation, meeting, rework, follow up.
16. Which of the following are valid objectives for incident reports?
i. Provide developers and other parties with feedback about the problem to enable identification, isolation and correction as necessary.
ii. Provide ideas for test process improvement.
iii. Provide a vehicle for assessing tester competence.
iv. Provide testers with a means of tracking the quality of the system under test.
A i, ii, iii.
B i, ii, iv.
C i, iii, iv.
D ii, iii, iv.
17. Consider the following techniques. Which are static and which are dynamic techniques?
i. Equivalence Partitioning.
ii. Use Case Testing.
iii.Data Flow Analysis.
v. Decision Testing.
A i-iv are static, v-vi are dynamic.
B iii and vi are static, i, ii, iv and v are dynamic.
C ii, iii and vi are static, i, iv and v are dynamic.
D vi is static, i-v are dynamic.
18. Why are static testing and dynamic testing described as complementary?
A Because they share the aim of identifying defects and find the same types of defect.
B Because they have different aims and differ in the types of defect they find.
C Because they have different aims but find the same types of defect.
D Because they share the aim of identifying defects but differ in the types of defect they find.
19. Which of the following are disadvantages of capturing tests by recording the actions of a manual tester?
i The script may be unstable when unexpected events occur.
ii Data for a number of similar tests is automatically stored separately from the script.
iii Expected results must be added to the captured script.
iv The captured script documents the exact inputs entered by the tester.
v When replaying a captured test, the tester may need to debug the script if it doesn’t play correctly.
A i, iii, iv, v.
B ii, iv and v.
C i, ii and iv.
D i and v.
20. Which of the following is determined by the level of product risk identified?
A Extent of testing.
B Scope for the use of test automation.
C Size of the test team.
D Requirement for regression testing.
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. B 6. C 7. A 8. A 9. A 10. B
11. D 12. A 13. C 14. B 15. D 16. B 17. B 18. D 19. A 20. A