ISTQB Foundation Question and Answer No.14
ISTQB Foundation Question and Answer No.14
1. COTS is known as
A. Commercial off the shelf software
B. Compliance of the software
C. Change control of the software
D. Capable of the shelf software
2. From the below-given choices, which one is the ‘Confidence testing’
A. Sanity testing
B. System testing
C. Smoke testing
D. Regression testing
3. ‘Defect Density’ calculated in terms of
A. The number of defects identified in a component or system divided by the size of the component or the system
B. The number of defects found by a test phase divided by the number found by that test phase and any other means afterward
C. The number of defects identified in the component or system divided by the number of defects found by a test phase
D. The number of defects found by a test phase divided by the number found by the size of the system
4. ‘Be bugging’ is known as
A. Preventing the defects by inspection
B. Fixing the defects by debugging
C. Adding known defects by seeding
D. A process of fixing the defects by tester
5. An expert based test estimation is also known as
A. Narrowband Delphi
B. Wideband Delphi
C. Bespoke Delphi
D. Robust Delphi
6. When testing a grade calculation system, a tester determines that all scores from 90 to 100 will yield a grade of A, but scores below 90 will not. This analysis is known as:
A. Equivalence partitioning
B. Boundary value analysis
C. Decision table
D. Hybrid analysis
7. All of the following might be done during unit testing except
A. Desk check
B. Manual support testing
D. Compiler-based testing
8. What is the concept of introducing a small change to the program and having the effects of that change show up in some test?
A. Introducing mutations
B. Performance testing
C. A mutation error
D. Debugging a program
9. Which of the following characteristics is primarily associated with software reusability?
A. The extent to which the software can be used in other applications
B. The extent to which the software can be used by many different users
C. The capability of the software to be moved to a different platform
D. The capability of one system to be coupled with another system
10. Which of the following software change management activities is most vital to assessing the impact of proposed software modifications?
A. Baseline identification
B. Configuration auditing
C. Change control
D. Version control
11. Which of the following statements is true about a software verification and validation program?
I. It strives to ensure that quality is built into the software.
II. It provides management with insights into the state of a software project.
III. It ensures that alpha, beta, and system tests are performed.
IV. It is executed in parallel with software development activities.
A. I, II&III
12. Which of the following is a requirement of an effective software environment?
I. Ease of use
II. Capacity for incremental implementation
III. The capability of evolving with the needs of a project
IV. Inclusion of advanced tools
A.I, II &III
B.I, II &IV
13. A test manager wants to use the resources available for the automated testing of a web application. The best choice is
A. Test automation, web specialist, DBA, test lead
B. Tester, test automation, web specialist, DBA
C. Tester, test lead, test automation, DBA
D. Tester, web specialist, test lead, test automation
14. A project manager has been transferred to a major software development project that is in the implementation phase. The highest priority for this project manager should be to
A. Establish a relationship with the customer
B. Learn the project objectives and the existing project plan.
C. Modify the project’ s organizational structure to meet the manager’ s management style.
D. Ensure that the project proceeds at its current pace
15. Change X requires a higher level of authority than Change Y in which of the following pairs? Change X Change Y
A. The code in development Code in production
B. Specifications during requirements analysis Specifications during a systems test
C. Documents requested by the technical development group Documents requested by customers
D. A product distributed to several sites A product with a single user
16. Which of the following functions is typically supported by a software quality information system?
I. Record keeping
II. System design
III. Evaluation scheduling
IV. Error reporting
B.II, III &IV
C.I, III &IV
D.I, II & IV
17. During the testing of a module tester, ‘X’ finds a bug and assigned it to the developer. But developer rejects the same, saying that it’s not a bug. What ‘X’ should do?
A. Report the issue to the test manager and try to settle with the developer.
B. Retest the module and confirm the bug
C. Assign the same bug to another developer
D. Send to the detailed information of the bug encountered and check the reproducibility
18. The primary goal of comparing a user manual with the actual behavior of the running program during system testing is to
A. Find bugs in the program
B. Check the technical accuracy of the document
C. Ensure the ease of use of the document
D. Ensure that the program is the latest version
19. A type of integration testing in which software elements, hardware elements, or both are combined all at once into a component or an overall system, rather than in stages.
A. System Testing
B. Big-Bang Testing
C. Integration Testing
D. Unit Testing
20. In practice, which Life Cycle model may have more, fewer or different levels of development and testing, depending on the project and the software product. For example, there may be component integration testing after component testing, and system integration testing after system testing.
A. Water Fall Model
C. Spiral Model
D. RAD Model
1 (A) 2 (C) 3 (A) 4 (C) 5 (B) 6 (A) 7 (B) 8 (A) 9 (A) 10 (C)
11 (C) 12 (A) 13 (B) 14 (B) 15 (D) 16 (C) 17 (D) 18 (B) 19 (B) 20 (B)